Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Indonesia: WELCOME TO THE ARCHIPELAGO!


Hello guys,

Welcome to my tourism,culture and society blog. Before I go in depth on the particular state and the indigenous group, i would like to tell you guys more about the country that I have done my research on. The country that I would be talking about is where my grandfather came from which is Indonesia. Indonesia is the country which has the most population of Muslims.

Made out of 17,508 islands and 238 million people, Indonesia is a country rich in biodiversity. Beside being rich in biodiversity, Indonesia is also rich in culture and ethnic groups. The reason why it is rich in culture and ethnic groups is because Indonesia have been an important trade region as far back as the seventh century. Traders from other countries like the Arabs, Chinese and Europeans settled in Indonesia.


Tourism in the country is blooming with popular tourist destination like Bali and Bintan. The country has also recently been promoting eco-tourism as Indonesia is rich in biodiversity. Examples of eco-tourism places in Indonesia are like Bukit Lawang and Lake Toba.

No comments:

Post a Comment